Vice Presidents (VPs) of Operations direct organizational structures and processes to ensure that companies' objectives are met. These seasoned business professionals are also instrumental in shaping company values.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
VP of Operations Job Description Template
We are looking for a strategic and grounded VP of Operations to steer our company to unprecedented heights. The VP of Operations should supervise the functioning of all departments, working to provide conceptual and practical guidance to figureheads across the organization. You should also ensure that our values remain aligned with trends in consumers' behavior to maintain longevity.
To ensure success as a VP of Operations, you should enlist the support of staff to drive procedures that promote a nourishing and fertile work environment. Invariably, a brilliant VP of Operations will look to expand the reach of our company both locally and abroad.
VP of Operations Responsibilities:
- Evaluating the founding principles of our organization, its current state, and the market to inform our vision.
- Drafting and ensuring adherence to pertinent budgets.
- Hiring and monitoring the duties of Department Heads to ensure their alignment with our strategic plans.
- Hosting regular meetings with executive staff to discuss plans and address concerns.
- Assessing structures and procedures and tweaking these, where necessary, to ensure that objectives are met.
- Inspecting work sites to ensure that these are safe, fully-functional, and high-yielding.
- Mediating disputes to promote amicable and cooperative relationships among staff.
- Reporting to and meeting with the Board of Directors, as needed.
- Representing our company at local and international gatherings.
VP of Operations Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant Business-oriented stream.
- A minimum of 5 years' demonstrable experience in a pertinent managerial position.
- Assertive and clear style of communication.
- Strategic thinking, honesty, and ethics in business dealings.
- Unmatched budgeting, presentation, and interpersonal abilities.
- Top-notch supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
- Willingness to embark on local and international travel, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources