Job post enhancements
Resume database access
Applicant tracking system
Job post distribution
OhioMeansJobs.com is a free statewide employment resource that includes a job posting service and a searchable resume database. While the platform gives employers access to a range of resources to guide their hiring practices and workforce development, it doesn't offer features such as job post enhancements or job post distribution.
- The site is completely free for job seekers and employers.
- Employers can access a resume database with more than 2 million entries.
- The site features resources about federal, state, and local programs, services, and benefits available to employers.
- Job ads, resume searches, and candidate profiles can be managed from an online dashboard.
- Employers can set up a screening questionnaire for job applicants to complete.
- There is a mobile app for on-the-go convenience.
- There are no options to enhance job ads for increased visibility.
- Job postings are not distributed to other platforms for increased exposure.
- The site does not offer employer branding solutions.
OhioMeansJobs.com has a rating of 2.6 out of 5 stars on the App Store, based on more than 10 reviews, and a 4.1 out of 5-star rating on Google Play, based on more than 100 reviews. While some users praised the app as a great resource, others complained of technical issues.
It is free to post a job on OhioMeansJobs.com.
How to Post a Job on OhioMeansJobs.com:
Three easy steps for posting a job on OhioMeansJobs.com.
Posting a job on OhioMeansJobs.com.
Click on "For Employers."
Go to the OhioMeansJobs.com website and click on "For Employers" in the top page menu.
Create an account.
Scroll down and click on the "Login or Sign Up" box. Then, click on the "Create a Profile" button, select "Continue" in the "First Time User?" box, and complete the two-step registration process.
Check your email inbox for a notification from OhioMeansJobs.com and click on the “Login to your OhioMeansJobs.com Briefcase” button.
Then, log in to your account with your username and password and set three security questions.
Create and post your job.
Once you've created your account, you can create and post your job ad.
OhioMeansJobs.com vs. OhioJobBoard.com:
OhioMeansJobs.com and OhioJobBoard.com both cater to the statewide employment market. While OhioMeansJobs.com is a free service, OhioJobBoard.com charges from $79.00 per job post. However, OhioJobBoard.com offers better features than OhioMeansJobs.com, including job distribution and an integrated applicant tracking system.
OhioMeansJobs.com vs. OhioJobNetwork.com:
With a starting price of $275.00 per job post, OhioJobNetwork.com is costlier than OhioMeansJobs.com, which is completely free. Both sites feature a searchable resume database, but only OhioJobNetwork.com offers a built-in applicant tracking system, employer branding solutions, and analytics and reporting tools.
OhioMeansJobs.com vs. Craigslist:
OhioMeansJobs.com and Craigslist both offer free access to their resume database. Unlike OhioMeansJobs.com, Craigslist charges for job posts in Ohio, with prices ranging from $10.00 to $75.00 per post. Craigslist is a popular site for advertising casual jobs, but OhioMeansJobs.com is better for recruiting candidates with more specialized skills.