An Ocularist makes artificial eyes for patients who have lost one or both eyes due to trauma or illness. Ocularists have been trained to fabricate and fit prosthetic eyes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Ocularist Job Description Template
We are looking for an Ocularist to be responsible for fabricating and fitting ocular prostheses for patients. The responsibilities of an Ocularist include producing artificial eyes according to the eye specifications of each patient, recording data, and maintaining ocular prostheses.
To be successful as an Ocularist, you should possess superior manual dexterity, creativity, and compassion. Ultimately, a top-notch Ocularist should have good interpersonal skills and a strong knowledge of ocular anatomy.
- Constructing and customizing ocular prostheses.
- Making impressions of eye sockets.
- Inserting and maintaining ocular prosthetics.
- Guiding the patients on how to take care of the prosthetics.
- Recording patient data.
- Courses in Medical Illustration or Fine Art.
- Board certification by the National Examining Board is a bonus.
- Previous experience as an Ocularist.
- Solid knowledge of ocular anatomy and ocular fabrication and fitting.
- High-level artistic ability.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources