An Ocularist creates artificial eyes for patients who have lost one or both eyes due to trauma or illness. Ocularist construct, fit, and maintain ocular prostheses.
When interviewing Ocularists, the most suitable candidate should demonstrate a high level of creativity, be artistic, and possess superior manual dexterity. Be wary of candidates that have poor knowledge of ocular anatomy, lack compassion, and have poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Ocularists:
1. Can you describe the procedure you use to fit and adjust an eye prosthetic?
Reveals previous experience as an Ocularist.
2. Can you share a time when you successfully learned how to use new equipment?
Demonstrates adaptability and ability to learn fast.
3. When was the last time you reviewed patient information and discovered a problem? How did you resolve this?
Reveals attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
4. What materials do you prefer when making ocular prosthetics?
Demonstrates ability to construct prosthetic devices effectively.
5. Provide an example of when you thought outside of the box. How did this assist your employer?
Demonstrates industry knowledge as well as experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources