Interview Questions for Ophthalmologists:
1. What process do you use to diagnose an illness affecting the eye?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
2. How would you react if you made a serious error during surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' willingness to accept mistakes and learn from them, as well as the ability to function in highly stressful situations.
3. What tools would you expect to use during laser corrective surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of medical equipment and its uses.
4. How do you build rapport with a patient?
As Ophthalmologists often provide long-term care to patients, look for candidates who demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. How would you react if a technician or other staff member disregarded an instruction you gave them?
Demonstrates candidates' managerial, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.