Optometrists assess patients' eyes to identify vision defects, diseases, and injuries. Their duties include maintaining medical files, evaluating eye defects, recording treatment plans, and performing eye inspections. Candidates must have a license from the state in which they wish to practice.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Optometrist Job Description Template:
We are searching for a talented and qualified Optometrist to join our growing practice. As the Optometrist, you will be expected to use your skills and knowledge to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. Your duties will include conducting eye examinations, prescribing corrective lenses, and determining patients’ visual alertness.
To qualify for this role, you must be state-licensed and possess in-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders, conditions, and treatment. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Perform thorough routine eye inspections.
- Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness and color blindness.
- Prescribe corrective lenses and medications.
- Maintain accurate medical files for all patients.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Identify and assess eye defects and diseases such as diabetes and liver failure.
- Record all diagnosis and treatment plans including transfers and therapeutic prescriptions.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree.
- Must possess a state-issued license for O.D. and optometry.
- A minimum of 2 years ‘experience as an Optometrist.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders and conditions.
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources