Interview Questions for Opticians:
1. What equipment would you use to fix a bent frame?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of optical equipment and its uses.
2. What method would you use to help a customer select the perfect frame?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service and sales ability.
3. What would you tell a customer who was unsure whether to use glasses or contact lenses?
Look for candidates who demonstrate customer service skills. Take note of candidates who attempt to close a sale without taking customer needs into account.
4. In your opinion, what should a basic optometry inventory hold?
Demonstrates candidate's knowledge of customer needs and different types of eyewear.
5. How would you settle a dispute between coworkers?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills.