Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated occupational therapy assistant to support the occupational therapist with routine daily tasks at the practice and the treatment of patients. The occupational therapy assistant's responsibilities include clerical tasks associated with daily operations, administering treatments developed by the occupational therapist, and maintaining treatment areas, equipment, and supplies.
To be successful as an occupational therapy assistant you should be compassionate and enjoy working with people. An excellent occupational therapy assistant should maintain a positive attitude and be able to provide the highest degree of quality care to patients.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing clerical tasks such as answering telephones and scheduling appointments.
- Collecting, assessing, and recording required patient information such as medical history.
- Implementing treatment plans and helping patients perform therapeutic activities.
- Instructing patients and their families in the skills and techniques of a treatment program.
- Monitoring patients' performance and providing encouragement.
- Documenting patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior.
- Maintaining accurate patient treatment records.
- Maintaining the work area and equipment and ordering supplies.
- Attending meetings to review treatments and patient progress.
- Participating in continuing education classes and staff training.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Requirements:
- Graduate from an ACOTE accredited occupational therapy assistant program.
- License or certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the relevant state.
- Compassionate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of occupational therapy practices, procedures, and legal regulations.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Physical strength.