NDT Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced NDT technician to conduct rigorous NDT tests for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for setting up and calibrating testing equipment, conducting material tests, interpreting results, and generating reports on your findings.
To be successful as an NDT technician, you should have extensive experience with NTD technologies, strong attention to detail, and meticulous reporting skills. Ultimately, a top-notch NDT technician provides reliable and detailed information about structural stability leading to improved quality and safety.
NDT Technician Responsibilities:
- Traveling to clients' locations.
- Setting up and calibrating NDT equipment.
- Conducting rigorous tests on structures and materials using non-destructive techniques.
- Developing and instituting bespoke NTD procedures for specified products and materials during and after manufacturing.
- Identifying structural and material defects.
- Interpreting test results.
- Completing test reports, and presenting findings.
- Maintaining NTD equipment.
NDT Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, structural engineering, or a similar field.
- Relevant NDT certification.
- 3+ years' experience as an NDT technician.
- Advanced knowledge of NDT technologies including ultrasound, infrared, and radiographic.
- Extensive experience with liquid penetration tests.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building schematics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Good communication skills.