Welding Inspector Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced welding inspector to oversee the quality and safety of our company’s welding activities. As a welding inspector, you will be responsible for inspecting and assessing the strength and quality of welds, ensuring the correct equipment is being used, checking weld specifications, and ensuring all safety regulations are being adhered to.
To ensure success as a welding inspector, you should have advanced knowledge of modern welding procedures, a good eye for detail, and good communication skills. A top-class welding inspector quickly spots welding flaws and unsafe procedures on the work floor.
Welding Inspector Responsibilities:
- Issuing welding tickets to company workers.
- Checking welding specifications for a job.
- Ensuring the correct equipment and materials are being used for a weld.
- Inspecting completed welds.
- Assessing the quality and strength of completed welds.
- Suggesting alternative welding techniques.
- Demonstrating correct welding procedures.
- Generating new welding techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Ensuring welders adhere to state health and safety regulations.
Welding Inspector Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar field.
- CSWIP, AWS, HNC, HND, or NVQ certification.
- Previous work experience as a welding inspector.
- Advanced knowledge of TIG, MIG, laser, butt, and arc welding techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Observant and analytical.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Good management and supervision skills.