Interview Questions for Welding Inspectors:
1. What skills do you think welding inspectors need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the role and highlights related skills.
2. What techniques do you use to assess the quality and strength of a weld?
Highlights the candidate’s analytical skills.
3. How would you ensure the required safety procedures are being followed on the work floor?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge and implementation of health and safety regulations.
4. How would you deal with welders that constantly deliver inferior work?
Demonstrates the candidate’s managerial and interpersonal skills.
5. Can you describe a time when you created a unique welding technique to strengthen a build?
Highlights the candidate’s welding and design skills while revealing previous work experience.