Welding Inspectors are skilled welders that inspect and assess the strength and quality of a weld. They act in a managerial role and ensure the correct materials are being used for a job, that the weld conforms to company specifications, and that the workers are following standard safety practices.
When interviewing Welding Inspectors, suitable candidates will have advanced knowledge of modern welding techniques, a good eye for detail, and high-level managerial skills. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not comfortable mentoring junior staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Welding Inspectors:
1. What skills do you think Welding Inspectors need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the role and highlights related skills.
2. What techniques do you use to assess the quality and strength of a weld?
Highlights the candidate’s analytical skills.
3. How would you ensure the required safety procedures are being followed on the work floor?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge and implementation of health and safety regulations.
4. How would you deal with welders that constantly deliver inferior work?
Demonstrates the candidate’s managerial and interpersonal skills.
5. Can you describe a time when you created a unique welding technique to strengthen a build?
Highlights the candidate’s welding and design skills while revealing previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources