Field Inspectors are hired by banks, insurance agencies, and mortgage lenders to determine the value of a property. They physically inspect the property and compile detailed photographic reports before a loan or insurance policy can be approved.
When interviewing Field Inspectors, suitable candidates will have in-depth knowledge of building codes, a good eye for detail, and excellent report writing skills. Be wary of candidates who display poor communication skills and those who are not able to travel extensively.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Field Inspectors:
1. What skills do you think Field Inspectors need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of investigative work and highlights the candidate’s skills.
2. What techniques should you use to find property irregularities, structural flaws, and equipment malfunctions?
Highlights the candidate’s inspection and analytical skills.
3. How would you ensure site photographs accurately depict the state of the property?
Highlights the candidate’s photographic skills.
4. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a Field Investigator?
Reveals honesty and highlights gaps in knowledge.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you identified irregularities with a property valuation during a field inspection?
Reveals previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources