Also known as EKG Technicians or Cardiac Monitor Technicians, Monitor Technicians work in hospitals and medical clinics and assist Doctors and Nurses by reading heart monitors. They observe patients' heartbeats and interpret the readings to check for abnormalities in the heartbeat.
When interviewing Monitor Technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate a good working knowledge of medical equipment and software. Be wary of candidates who lack strong technical and analytical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Monitor Technicians:
1. What method and equipment would you use when conducting a stress test?
Illustrates the candidate's knowledge of medical equipment, as well as their basic medical knowledge.
2. What do you think is the best way to monitor heart rate during medical procedures?
Demonstrates the candidate's work history and their current medical knowledge.
3. What is the most challenging part of responding to abnormal EKG results?
Indicates the candidate's ability to work under pressure and handle high-stress situations.
4. When should you adjust monitoring equipment and controls?
Showcases the candidate's knowledge of hospital protocols and their ability to follow Doctors' instructions.
5. How would you handle a patient who is refusing to cooperate with your tests?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to remain calm and work with difficult or nervous patients.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources