Interview Questions for Sonographers:
1. What methods have you found effective when observing the screen during sonographic imaging to ensure clear, usable images?
Demonstrates candidates' technical skills and attention to detail.
2. Can you describe a time when your preliminary report on a diagnostic scan was completely wrong? What did you do to improve your skills?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to grow from their mistakes as well as their willingness to continue their education.
3. How would you handle patients who experience anxiety about tests?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and patient service skills.
4. What methods do you use to ensure all your findings are accurately recorded and reported to the healthcare team?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational and technical skills, as well as attention to detail.
5. What would you look for during a routine maintenance scan of a sonographic machine to ensure its smooth operation?
Demonstrates a candidate's technical skills and knowledge.