Ultrasound Technicians use sonographic scanners to capture images of various internal areas of the body, including the brain, heart, and abdomen. Also known as Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or Sonographers, Ultrasound Technicians work directly with patients and Physicians.
When interviewing Ultrasound Technicians, look for candidates who demonstrate good patient service skills as well as technical skills. Be wary of candidates who lack a working knowledge of anatomy, pathology, and sonographic scanners.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Ultrasound Technicians:
1. What procedures do you find best to maintain the sonographic equipment?
Demonstrates candidates' technical skills.
2. What methods do you use to explain ultrasound procedures to patients to keep them calm and reassured?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and patient service skills.
3. How do you organize and maintain patient records?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. Can you describe a time when you reacted negatively to an anomaly in an image in front of the patient? How did you react when the patient questioned you?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to remain calm under pressure, as well as their problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
5. How do you handle being overloaded at work?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to work in a stressful environment.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources