Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technicians are medical practitioners who administer tests to determine the cardiovascular health of patients. Their primary duties include performing diagnostic tests on patients, monitoring patient blood pressure and collecting medical data for use by doctors.
EKG Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for empathetic candidates with good attention to detail for the position of EKG Technician. EKG Technicians are responsible for setting up and maintaining EKG equipment, performing cardiovascular tests, identifying heart conditions and ensuring patients are always comfortable and informed.
EKG Technicians will need to attend to patient needs and thus require patience and a caring nature.
EKG Technician Responsibilities:
- Performing cardiovascular tests on patients.
- Keeping patients informed on every step of the procedure.
- Identifying and diagnosing heart conditions.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure.
- Collecting cardiovascular data for analysis by doctors.
- Working alongside doctors and nurses.
- Setting up EKG components including EKG tracings for accurate readings.
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of patients.
- Maintaining high hospital safety standards.
- Monitoring EKG equipment and reporting any malfunctions.
EKG Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- EKG training and certification.
- Proficiency with EKG technology.
- Physical stamina.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Compassion and caring nature.