Interview Questions for Lab Technicians:
1. Lab technicians require strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. How do you ensure that your work is properly organized, and highly accurate?
Tests ability to organize samples and lab equipment correctly.
2. Have you ever mixed up samples or labeled a sample incorrectly? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
Shows accountability and the ability to identify and fix mistakes.
3. Describe your method(s) for analyzing and testing samples. Which laboratory tests do you perform?
Demonstrates laboratory testing skills and ability.
4. How do you handle flammable liquids?
Highlights knowledge of laboratory processes and the ability to handle dangerous substances.
5. How do you stay up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.