Lab Technicians, also known as Laboratory Technicians, are responsible for supporting laboratory staff and maintaining a safe and effective laboratory setting.
When interviewing Lab Technicians, the ideal candidate will have experience working with specialized laboratory equipment and will be trained to maintain safe working conditions in the laboratory. Be wary of candidates that lack sterilization and equipment calibration skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Lab Technicians:
1. Lab Technicians require strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. How do you ensure that your work is properly organized, and highly accurate?
Tests ability to organize samples and lab equipment correctly.
2. Have you ever mixed up samples or labeled a sample incorrectly? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
Shows accountability and the ability to identify and fix mistakes.
3. Describe your method(s) for analyzing and testing samples. Which laboratory tests do you perform?
Demonstrates laboratory testing skills and ability.
4. How do you handle flammable liquids?
Highlights knowledge of laboratory processes and the ability to handle dangerous substances.
5. How do you stay up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources