A Clinical Technician is a laboratory worker who performs blood tests, urinalysis and other tests on specimens. Clinical Technicians detect and diagnose conditions and diseases. Also known as Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Technician or Phlebotomist.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Clinical Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a meticulous Clinical Technician to conduct routine tests to diagnose a broad range of conditions and diseases. The Clinical Technician will employ a variety of methods to obtain bodily fluids and other specimens from clients. The Clinical Technician will ensure specimens are labeled correctly and stored effectively. You will perform a range of analytical tests on specimens. You will provide doctors, nurses, CNAs and other medical personnel with technical advice, and address their concerns.
To ensure success you have to follow standard procedures and formulas, and employ caution in storing specimens. Ideal candidates are focused, detail-oriented and organized.
Clinical Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment and glassware.
- Maintaining and calibrating testing equipment.
- Collecting blood specimens from clients using venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Storing and labeling specimens effectively.
- Following standard laboratory procedures and formulas to prepare stains, reagents and solutions.
- Employing manual and automatic equipment to prepare specimens, and to conduct analysis.
- Referring compliance issues and other complaints to client relations specialists.
- Complying with company policies and procedures, and relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintaining records of tests and communicating results to relevant parties.
- Safeguarding data and maintaining patient confidentiality.
Clinical Technician Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Phlebotomy Technician, Medical Technician or similar certification.
- Previous experience in clinical laboratory or related environment.
- HIPAA compliance.
- Proficient knowledge of sample collection and medical laboratory terminology.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent service and people skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources