Dialysis Technicians are medical specialists trained in the operation of a dialysis machine. Their primary duties include monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment, ensuring usage of the machine is safe and secure and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dialysis Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for emotionally intelligent candidates with experience in healthcare technology for the position of Dialysis Technician. Dialysis Technicians are responsible for assembling and maintaining dialysis machines, monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment and maintaining the highest safety and cleanliness standards when operating the machines, among other duties.
Moreover, Dialysis Technicians need to demonstrate empathy and understanding towards patients' emotional and physical concerns, ensuring that they are comfortable and well-informed at all times.
Dialysis Technician Responsibilities:
- Assembling the dialysis machine and ensuring its proper performance.
- Monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Ensuring usage of the dialysis machine is safe and secure.
- Administering local anesthesia.
- Talking patients through the dialysis process.
- Monitoring and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required.
- Working in tandem with nurses and doctors.
- Ensuring sterilization of operating equipment before use.
- Responding to emergency scenarios.
- Attending to patient needs.
- Understanding patient physical and emotional concerns.
- Educating patients on health maintenance and care.
- Developing operational training material for staff.
Dialysis Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Accreditation from a dialysis technology program.
- Suitable clinical experience.
- Dedication to patient care.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.