Member Service Representative Job Description
We are looking for a motivated member service representative to be the first point of contact for all membership-related questions, requests, and concerns. The member service representative's responsibilities include answering and directing phone calls, assisting with membership related issues, resolving complaints, and processing transactions.
To be successful as a member service representative you should have strong customer service skills and enjoy working with people. A top-notch member service representative should be able to deliver exceptional member service experiences and resolve inquiries and complaints in a friendly and efficient manner.
Member Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls and written questions, concerns, and complaints regarding membership.
- Providing information on membership fees, policies, processes, benefits, products, and services.
- Actively listening to members and identifying their needs.
- Recommending and cross-selling products and services to members and potential members.
- Investigating and resolving or escalating membership and payment issues.
- Assessing member eligibility and processing payments, applications, and requests.
- Documenting all inquiries and maintaining accurate membership records.
Member Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Customer service experience required.
- Sales experience beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate.