Interview Questions for Client Relationship Managers:
1. How do you handle an unreasonable client?
Look for candidates that demonstrate expert communication and conflict resolution techniques. Also, good customer service managers will try to be on the client’s side.
2. Have you ever had to say "no" to a client? How did you handle the situation?
Ideal candidates should demonstrate tact, patience, and offer alternatives to the client. The candidate’s response will also give you an idea of the applicant's work experience.
3. What do you consider to be good customer service?
Look for candidates with values that are aligned with, or exceed your organization’s definition of excellent service.
4. What would you do if a client had a problem that you weren't sure how to resolve?
Look for candidates that ask questions and are comfortable asking for advice and collaborating with colleagues to find workable solutions.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you went the extra mile for a client?
Look for candidates that are willing to go beyond their assigned duties to ensure that customers receive excellent service.