Interview Questions for Member Service Representatives:
1. How do you define excellent member service?
Shows whether the candidate knows what is expected of a member service representative.
2. How do you determine what a member's needs are?
Reveals active listening skills and the ability to ask the right questions to accurately identify a member's needs.
3. What do you consider before recommending products and services to members?
Demonstrates work experience. Look for candidates who consider a member's needs, purchase patterns, and budget.
4. How do you handle angry callers?
Shows the ability to remain calm and professional as well as the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
5. Can you describe the customer service tools and software you have worked with?
Reveals work experience and computer literacy.