Customer Service Representative Job Description Template
We are hiring a customer service representative to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience working with computers.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
Customer Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Experience working with customer support.
Customer Service Representative FAQs:
What is a customer service representative?
A customer service representative supports customers by providing helpful information, answering questions, and responding to complaints. They’re the front line of support for clients and customers and they help ensure that customers are satisfied with products, services, and features.
What are the duties of a customer service representative?
Customer service duties and responsibilities generally include answering phone calls and emails, responding to customer questions and complaints, and walking customers through basic troubleshooting or setup processes. In the case of a sales customer service representative, customer service duties and responsibilities will include selling products and services to clients and processing payments.
Where can I find customer service representatives to hire?
Try looking at free job posting sites. Sites like Indeed, Glassdoor, and Monster are great for spreading the word about your job.
Can I customize the CSR job description?
When you advertise a customer service representative job, you should include details about the position of your company. Feel free to add your own customer service representative duties to our list or edit our customer service agent job description to include the qualities and skills you’d like in your next hire.
Where can I find interview questions for a customer service representative?
After you have created a CSR position description, take a look at our customer service representative interview questions.