Interview Questions for Medical-Surgical Nurses:
1. Can you explain how you provide post-surgery care instructions upon discharge?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with patient discharge planning, as well as their ability to collaborate with healthcare teams to provide accurate instructions.
2. How would you react to a significant drop in a patient's pulse oximetry reading?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to facilitate appropriate interventions under pressure.
3. Can you tell me about your experience with patient management software?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and proficiency in industry-related software.
4. Which techniques do you apply to manage uncooperative patients?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills, including their ability to manage distressed patients.
5. Can you describe a time when your urgent intervention had a positive outcome?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to perform under pressure.