Interview Questions for Progressive Care Nurses:
1. Tell me about a time when your assessment led to a good outcome for a patient?
Highlights the candidate's skills and experience, and reveals whether the scenario meets job expectations.
2. Pulse oximetry measurements of a patient concern you. How do you respond?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and their responsiveness to serious concerns.
3. Tell me which skills in titration distinguish PCNs from general nursing staff?
Tests knowledge of titration procedures and calculations that PCNs need to perform, as well as the candidate's associated skills.
4. There’s a crisis and the consulting specialist is unavailable. How do you react?
Evaluates the candidate's problem-solving skills and their ability to take appropriate action under pressure.
5. Can you describe electronic patient management systems you are familiar with?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of patient management software.