Progressive Care Nurses ensure that acutely ill patients who have been stepped down from general and specialized Intensive Care Units receive high-level care. They closely monitor vital signs and other measurements, administer drug regimens, and perform drug dose titration.
When interviewing Progressive Care Nurses, accomplished candidates possess extensive experience in a Progressive Care Unit with a similar specialization and demonstrate expertise in interpreting vital signs. Be wary of candidates who lack the ability to collaborate with others and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Progressive Care Nurses:
1. Tell me about a time when your assessment led to a good outcome for a patient?
Highlights the candidate's skills and experience, and reveals whether the scenario meets job expectations.
2. Pulse oximetry measurements of a patient concern you. How do you respond?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and their responsiveness to serious concerns.
3. Tell me which skills in titration distinguish PCNs from general nursing staff?
Tests knowledge of titration procedures and calculations that PCNs need to perform, as well as the candidate's associated skills.
4. There’s a crisis and the consulting specialist is unavailable. How do you react?
Evaluates the candidate's problem-solving skills and their ability to take appropriate action under pressure.
5. Can you describe electronic patient management systems you are familiar with?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of patient management software.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources