Progressive Care Nurses are registered nurses who are skilled in assessing and treating acutely ill patients. They monitor critical vital signs, detect changes, and perform interventions when required. They provide care to patients who do not require treatment in Intensive Care Units, but whose conditions need constant observation and monitoring.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Progressive Care Nurse Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced Progressive Care Nurse to carefully monitor the condition of patients in our progressive care unit. In this role, your duties will include evaluating changes in cardiac and other vital signs, as well as initiating life-saving interventions. You will also be required to perform drug dose titration.
To ensure success, Progressive Care Nurses should possess demonstrable experience in caring for acutely ill patients in step-down departments and the ability to work in a stressful environment. Accomplished candidates expertly monitor and interpret vital signs and proactively facilitate interventions.
Progressive Care Nurse Responsibilities:
- Studying patients' charts, medication regimens, and test results upon admittance to the progressive care unit.
- Tracking routine vital signs, including heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
- Interpreting measurements from specialized medical equipment.
- Monitoring and administering prescribed medication, as well as performing titration of drug doses.
- Performing diagnostic assessments on changes in measurements, as well as designated interventions.
- Reporting deteriorating conditions to healthcare specialists and following intervention instructions.
- Updating and maintaining ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Overseeing Progressive Care Unit nursing assistants and support staff.
- Explaining treatments and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answering questions.
Progressive Care Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN).
- Registered Nurse (RN).
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN).
- 3-5 years of experience as a Progressive Care Nurse in a similar field of specialization.
- Proficiency in electronic hospital management systems, such as eHospital and Mediexcel.
- Extensive experience in measuring and interpreting vital signs and other specialized measurements.
- In-depth knowledge of drug dose titration methods and medical interventions.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and collaborate with healthcare specialists.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in healthcare and medical recordkeeping.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to advise and support patients and their families.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources