Surgical Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a surgical nurse to be responsible for preoperative patient care. The responsibilities of a surgical nurse include measuring and recording vitals, administering medication, and preparing patients for surgery.
To be successful as a surgical nurse, you should be calm and responsive, have the ability to perform under pressure, and be an effective communicator. Ultimately, a high-quality surgical nurse should be up-to-date with the latest developments in healthcare best practices.
Surgical Nurse Responsibilities:
- Giving preoperative instructions.
- Preparing patients for surgery.
- Assisting the Anaesthetist and Surgeons when needed.
- Sterilizing and marking incision sites.
- Intervening when there are complications.
- Administering medication.
- Preparing the operating room.
Surgical Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor of science in nursing.
- RN Licence.
- Clinical experience.
- Responsive in emergency situations.