Surgical Coordinators perform clerical and administrative tasks, specifically related to organizing patients' records, surgical equipment, and procedure rooms. Surgical Coordinators will schedule appointments and surgeries, prepare client bills, and verify insurance information.
When interviewing Surgical Coordinators, look for candidates who demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as technical and computer skills. Avoid candidates who lack excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Surgical Coordinators:
1. What methods do you use to manage the scheduling of multiple surgeries?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills and attention to detail. Be wary of candidates who do not set aside time for emergency surgeries.
2. What tasks should you perform when scheduling a surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of the various scheduling aspects of a surgery as well as attention to detail.
3. What software do you find most efficient and reliable for billing processes?
Demonstrates candidates' technical and computer skills.
4. If you were having a bad day, how would you react to a patient arriving for his or her surgery and having not followed the pre-operative instructions?
Demonstrates candidates' client service skills and their ability to remain professional.
5. What steps would you take if a patient or Surgeon suddenly canceled a surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources