Interview Questions for Surgical Coordinators:
1. What methods do you use to manage the scheduling of multiple surgeries?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills and attention to detail. Be wary of candidates who do not set aside time for emergency surgeries.
2. What tasks should you perform when scheduling a surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of the various scheduling aspects of a surgery as well as attention to detail.
3. What software do you find most efficient and reliable for billing processes?
Demonstrates candidates' technical and computer skills.
4. If you were having a bad day, how would you react to a patient arriving for his or her surgery and having not followed the pre-operative instructions?
Demonstrates candidates' client service skills and their ability to remain professional.
5. What steps would you take if a patient or Surgeon suddenly canceled a surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills.