Interview Questions for Surgical Nurses:
1. How do you deal with difficult patients?
Demonstrates ability to ensure patients feel listened to and comfortable.
2. How do you ensure that sterile areas are uncontaminated?
Demonstrates cleaning and maintenance abilities.
3. What do you do when you are expected to prepare for an operation you don't have experience with?
Demonstrates effective communication skills and ability to learn fast.
4. What are the legal aspects of a surgical nurse's role?
Demonstrates knowledge of what is legally required of a surgical nurse within their role.
5. What is the biggest challenge you have faced as a surgical nurse? How did you overcome it?
Demonstrates ability to remain productive and efficient in challenging situations.