Medical Anthropologists are interested in the effect that social and cultural factors have on human diseases and healthcare systems. They can be employed in medical, research, academic, or government sectors. Medical Anthropologists will have different duties depending on the organization they work for and the type of work they do.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Medical Anthropologist Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-disciplined, detail-orientated Medical Anthropologist to join our growing team. The Medical Anthropologist's responsibilities include conducting research and investigations, collecting and interpreting medical data, leading research teams and collaborating with other healthcare professionals and academics. They also write proposals and reports and interview a range of individuals. The Medical Anthropologist should conduct clinical trials and be able to deliver convincing presentations.
To be successful as a Medical Anthropologist, you should have an analytical mind and insatiable curiosity. Outstanding Medical Anthropologists are able to see the bigger picture, never tire of research, and demonstrate great resilience.
Responsibilities of Medical Anthropologists:
- Conducting research by reading books, reports, and other documents, as well as interviewing other professionals.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate classes wherever possible.
- Developing healthcare policies and working alongside governmental officials.
- Collaborating with other scientists, doctors, and researchers.
- Completing investigations and publishing research papers and journal articles.
- Attending workshops, lectures, and participating in other networking and learning opportunities.
- Traveling to other universities, completing fieldwork, and delivering presentations.
- Writing research and grant proposals.
- Liaising with health service professionals, policy analysts, consultants, social workers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
Requirements of Medical Anthropologists:
- Relevant degree in Anthropology, Medicine, Social Work, Psychology or similar.
- Ph.D. is recommended.
- A completed internship is recommended.
- Proven research work.
- Published papers would be advantageous.
- Superb research skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Resilience and ability to work long hours.
- Willingness to travel and relocate if required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources