Quantitative Researcher Job Description Template
We are searching for a responsive quantitative researcher to conceive and oversee research studies from beginning to end. The quantitative researcher should generate suitable research questions, conduct sweeping hypothesis tests, and then combine and document findings. You should also house raw data in secure facilities.
To ensure success as a quantitative researcher, you ought to protect the participants' rights, even when this impedes your research endeavors. Inevitably, brilliant Quantitative Researchers will facilitate the visibility of pertinent research and, in so doing, expand our reach.
Quantitative Researcher Responsibilities:
- Writing research proposals that cater to experts and non-specialists.
- Procuring funding from within the department and from outside sources.
- Selecting psychometrically robust and contextually sensitive measurement instruments.
- Sourcing, vetting, and orienting research participants.
- Testing participants in accordance with your proposed methods.
- Transforming raw scores into practical numbers and figures.
- Running preliminary and inferential tests to understand your observations.
- Sharing your findings with staff, participants, local and international colleagues, and the public.
- Remaining steadfast in your adherence to prescribed ethical rules.
Quantitative Researcher Requirements:
- Master's degree in a suitable, research-centered discipline.
- Completion of a pertinent doctoral program is highly advantageous.
- Training in advanced research tools and techniques is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a Quantitative Researcher.
- Masterful proficiency in R, Stata, or another pertinent program.
- Appreciation of and regard for participants, whether human or animal.
- Ability to grasp, contextualize, and apply your findings.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to disseminate your insights to bolster extant knowledge in the field.