Historian Job Description Template
We are looking for a critical thinker with excellent attention to detail for the position of a historian. Historians are responsible for determining the authenticity of historical data, preserving artifacts and significant documents in museums or libraries, and studying history at the intersection of society, culture, and economics, among other duties.
Moreover, historians will need to partake in activities such as public exhibits or conferences, requiring excellent communicative ability.
- Obtaining historical data from libraries, archives, and artifacts.
- Determining the authenticity of historical data.
- Determining the significance of historical data.
- Teaching or researching at universities.
- Translating historical documents into a suitable language.
- Researching the historical development of empires, countries, cities, or tribes.
- Preserving artifacts and significant documents in museums or libraries.
- Contributing to academic journals and presenting at conferences.
- Studying history at the intersection of society, culture, and economics.
- Assisting and partaking in public exhibits.
- Obtaining extensive information on historical figures for biographies.
- Interviewing subject experts to gain a deeper understanding of historical events.
- Master's degree in history.
- A Ph.D. is necessary for research positions.
- Experience in a research position.
- Critical thinking ability and highly analytical mindset.
- Outstanding attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.