Historians are academics and researchers who study events of the past. Their primary duties include obtaining historical data from libraries, archives and artifacts, determining the authenticity of historical data and teaching or researching at universities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Historian Job Description Template
We are looking for a critical thinker with excellent attention to detail for the position of Historian. Historians are responsible for determining the authenticity of historical data, preserving artifacts and significant documents in museums or libraries and studying history at the intersection of society, culture and economics, among other duties.
Moreover, Historians will need to partake in activities such as public exhibits or conferences, requiring excellent communicative ability.
- Obtaining historical data from libraries, archives and artifacts.
- Determining the authenticity of historical data.
- Determining the significance of historical data.
- Teaching or researching at universities.
- Translating historical documents into a suitable language.
- Researching the historical development of empires, countries, cities or tribes.
- Preserving artifacts and significant documents in museums or libraries.
- Contributing to academic journals and presenting at conferences.
- Studying history at the intersection of society, culture and economics.
- Assisting and partaking in public exhibits.
- Obtaining extensive information on historical figures for biographies.
- Interviewing subject experts to gain a deeper under understanding of historical events.
- Master's degree in History.
- PhD necessary for research positions.
- Experience in a research position.
- Critical thinking ability and highly analytical mindset.
- Outstanding attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.