Interview Questions for Assistant Professors:
1. Can you describe a time when your suggestion or advice helped a colleague?
Reveals capacity to help others and also tests analytical and problem-solving skills.
2. Describe the best conference you have attended. What did you learn?
Reveals commitment to and passion for ongoing learning.
3. Can you explain how you prioritize daily academic tasks?
Reveals more about the candidate and their planning and organizational skills.
4. Describe a time when you strongly disagreed with a colleague. What happened?
Tests conflict resolution and problem-solving skills. It also reveals the candidate’s ability to remain professional during difficult situations.
5. How will this position bring you closer to achieving your academic goals?
Reveals how seriously the candidate takes this position. It also reveals their long and short-term goals.