Interview Questions for Associate Professors:
1. What has been the most rewarding aspect of your academic career so far?
Reveals the candidate's interests, passions, and strengths.
2. Describe an excellent lecture you delivered. How did you prepare for it?
Tests knowledge of discipline as well as planning, organization, and presentation skills.
3. A graduate student is struggling to complete their thesis. What do you do?
Tests interpersonal and motivational skills. It also reveals the candidate’s level of empathy.
4. Can you describe a time when a student taught you something valuable?
Tests the candidate’s willingness to learn from students and keep an open mind.
5. What do you hope to contribute to your field during your time at this university?
Reveals the candidate’s potential, as well as their long and short-term goals.