Associate Professors are experts in their field who rank just below full Professors. They have both research and teaching responsibilities at a university and also serve on committees. Associate Professors frequently present their findings at conferences and have their work published in journals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Associate Professor Job Description Template
We are searching for a knowledgeable and reliable Associate Professor to join our faculty. The Associate Professor’s responsibilities include teaching a number of classes and seminars, attending conferences, conducting research, and supervising students. You should be able to collaborate with colleagues, advise teaching assistants, and tackle several administrative tasks.
To be successful as an Associate Professor, you should be able to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities. Outstanding candidates have excellent management knowledge, networking skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with both students and colleagues.
Associate Professor Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering course material, curricula, and syllabi.
- Assisting with the training and recruitment of new lecturers, teaching assistants, and Professors.
- Conducting research, publishing papers, and attending conferences.
- Attending academic events and networking with other researchers and field experts.
- Supervising, advising, and mentoring teaching assistants and graduate students.
- Participating in faculty and departmental meetings.
- Shortlisting, interviewing, and selecting students for graduate programs.
- Organizing guest seminars and faculty events where students can interact with established industry professionals.
- Traveling to other higher education settings to gain experience and expand networks.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
Associate Professor Requirements:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in the relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience teaching in an academic setting.
- Proven academic prowess.
- Excellent research, teaching, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to engage with a range of professionals and students.
- Dedication to excellence in your field.
- A professional attitude and great work ethic.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources