Interview Questions for Professors:
1. How do you manage to keep abreast of developments in your field?
Gauges level of commitment to learning and willingness to travel and network with others.
2. What would you regard as the most challenging aspect of being an academic?
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of profession, and gauges ability to fill a senior role in the faculty.
3. Describe a time you secured funding for your research. What did you learn?
Reveals the ability to write clearly, communicate goals, and also evaluates organizational skills.
4. How do you manage to engage students during your lectures?
Tests lecturing skills, as well as the ability to motivate and inspire students.
5. What do you hope to achieve while employed at our institution?
Demonstrates knowledge of department and faculty, and reveals potential as well as long and short-term goals.