Adjunct Professor Job Description Template
We are searching for a proactive Adjunct Professor to join our institution. The adjunct professor's responsibilities include reviewing and improving syllabi, understanding students’ needs, developing engaging lesson plans, and ensuring the relevant learning resources are available. You should also be able to evaluate student performance and address any issues promptly.
To be successful as an adjunct professor, you should prepare assessments that enrich and challenge students. Outstanding adjunct professors are able to teach and foster relationships with students from different cultural and economic backgrounds.
Adjunct Professor Responsibilities:
- Developing, delivering, and reviewing course material and syllabi.
- Creating a classroom environment where students feel comfortable participating and learning.
- Setting up assessments based on departmental regulations and requirements.
- Preparing students for assessments and providing helpful performance feedback.
- Providing extra support to students who require it and scheduling consultation times where questions and concerns can be voiced.
- Answering students’ questions and providing feedback on assignments or essay drafts.
- Assisting other faculty members with lesson plans and assessments.
- Recommending additional readings or advice to students as required.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field and integrating new knowledge into lessons.
Adjunct Professor Requirements:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in the relevant academic field.
- Experience as a university TA or similar.
- Proof of attendance and participation in conferences is recommended.
- Published papers or research articles would be a plus.
- Superb interpersonal, observational, and communication skills.
- Patience, understanding, and empathy.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.