Interview Questions for History Teachers:
1. How do you encourage your students to care about events that happened long ago?
Evaluates the candidate’s passion for History and their ability to inspire students.
2. Can you describe the best history lesson you have delivered so far?
Shows the candidate’s ability to identify a good lesson and also reveals their teaching style and organizational skills.
3. Can you describe a time when you collaborated with a colleague on a lesson plan?
Tests communication skills, the ability to work in a team, and the willingness to learn from others.
4. Can you tell me about a time a parent was unhappy with their child's results?
Highlights interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills.
5. How do you plan to contribute to our history department?
Reveals the candidate’s potential and their short and long-term goals.