Mechanic Apprentices work under the supervision of Mechanics to perform inspections and repairs on vehicles and give advice to customers regarding their vehicles. They generally work in repair shops, oil change shops, car parts stores, and dealerships.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mechanic Apprentice Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Mechanic Apprentice to join our team. The responsibilities of the Mechanic Apprentice include inspecting vehicles, performing basic repairs, ordering parts, and taking inventory. As the Mechanic Apprentice, you will be working under our experienced Mechanics to learn the trade and advance your career.
To be successful as a Mechanic Apprentice, you should be good with your hands and have strong attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Mechanic Apprentice has a good understanding of mechanics and great customer service skills.
Mechanic Apprentice Responsibilities:
- Following company-created checklists to inspect and test vehicles.
- Performing standard mechanical repairs, such as changing brake pads.
- Learning repair techniques under the supervision of the Mechanic.
- Writing labor, time, and parts cost estimates.
- Testing vehicles before and after repair procedures.
- Attaching car batteries to in-shop testing devices to determine functionality.
- Maintaining the workshop and customer areas and keeping inventory areas well-organized.
- Taking engines and other car parts apart to perform inspections.
- Ordering new car parts by phone or online.
Mechanic Apprentice Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A completed certificate or diploma in Auto Mechanics may be advantageous.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be familiar with both manual and automatic transmission types.
- Strong understanding of mechanics.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Physical fitness and stamina to stoop, crawl, work laying down, and lift heavy machinery.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources