Interview Questions for Mechanical Engineers:
1. What is the most challenging engineering project you've recently completed?
Reveals the candidate's experience and problem-solving skills.
2. Which computer programs have you used in your work?
Demonstrates whether or not the candidate has the requisite knowledge to use the same tools that your organization uses.
3. Can you give us an example of a design that you found flaws in after testing?
This shows that the candidate is capable of running thorough tests on their designs and fixing any shortcomings.
4. How do you go about evaluating project scopes, such as timeframes and budgets?
Reveals the candidate's estimation methods and project management ability.
5. What resources do you use to keep up to date with the latest research and trends in this field?
Tests the candidate's ability to stay informed about new developments and innovations.