Interview Questions for Mechanic Apprentices:
1. What steps do you follow when inspecting a new vehicle for damage?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail and analytical skills.
2. What testing equipment have you found useful when troubleshooting fuel systems?
Illustrates candidates' industry knowledge and experience as well as their problem-solving skills.
3. What method would you use to compile a repair cost estimate for a customer?
Shows candidates' analytical skills and their understanding of cost estimates.
4. What experience do you have working with vehicles or mechanical equipment?
For those candidates with no experience or training in the auto repairs industry, this question demonstrates their qualifications for the apprentice position and their understanding of mechanics.
5. How would you share a high-cost estimate for a difficult repair with a customer?
Indicates candidates' customer service and communication skills.