Mechanic Apprentices examine vehicles, diagnose issues, and make basic repairs under the supervision of the Mechanic. Mechanic Apprentices generally receive on-the-job training with the goal of entering the business as a full-time Mechanic.
When interviewing Mechanic Apprentices, look for candidates who demonstrate an affinity for and understanding of mechanics. Be wary of candidates who lack attention to detail and those with poor customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Mechanic Apprentices:
1. What steps do you follow when inspecting a new vehicle for damage?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail and analytical skills.
2. What testing equipment have you found useful when troubleshooting fuel systems?
Illustrates candidates' industry knowledge and experience as well as their problem-solving skills.
3. What method would you use to compile a repair cost estimate for a customer?
Shows candidates' analytical skills and their understanding of cost estimates.
4. What experience do you have working with vehicles or mechanical equipment?
For those candidates with no experience or training in the auto repairs industry, this question demonstrates their qualifications for the apprentice position and their understanding of mechanics.
5. How would you share a high-cost estimate for a difficult repair with a customer?
Indicates candidates' customer service and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources