Managing Editor Job Description Template
We are seeking a creative strategist with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of managing editor. The managing editor will be responsible for managing a team of writers, staying abreast of developments in Search Engine Marketing (SEO), and studying content performance analytics.
To ensure success as a managing editor, candidates should have an eye for good content, demonstrate leadership, and have good written and verbal communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch managing editor will be attuned to the business-client relationship and is a natural project manager.
Managing Editor Responsibilities:
- Managing a content team that includes writers and graphic designers.
- Keeping up to date with changes in Google's SEO algorithms.
- Monitoring Google Analytics and other tools to understand which content effectiveness.
- Collaborating with sales and marketing teams to align with strategic business goals.
- Conducting audience research to figure out how best to reach your audience.
- Determining which social media platforms to focus on.
- Growing your online audience.
- Editing copywriting and checking that all work meets publishing standards.
- Hiring and supervising copywriters and graphic designers.
- Ensure that published content is consistent with the company style guide.
- Planning daily operations.
Managing Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong editing skills, as well as written and verbal communication.
- Data-driven, analytical mindset.
- Project management and teamwork ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in content marketing tools and performance metrics.