Mail sorters are responsible for processing and managing inbound and outbound mail for large corporations or postal warehouses. They sort through mail manually and operate mail processing machines to ensure that mail reaches the correct recipients on time.
When interviewing mail sorters, the best candidates will have a keen eye for detail and excellent organization and administrative skills. Be wary of candidates who lack physical stamina or literacy skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Mail Sorters:
1. What mail processing machines have you operated before?
Assesses the candidate's work experience and technical skills.
2. What measures do you take to ensure that mail is organized correctly?
Explores the candidate's organizational and time management skills.
3. What would you do if a package had an illegible shipping address?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of reporting structures and procedures.
4. How much mail did you sort by hand in your previous position?
Examines the candidate's dexterity, physical stamina, and capacity to deal with large volumes of mail.
5. What do you look for to ensure that mail reaches the correct recipient?
Evaluates the candidate's precision and attention to detail.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources