Mail handler assistants do all the heavy lifting, loading, off-loading and overall moving of bulk mail in postal warehouses. They need to be physically fit and strong, and often operate relevant machinery such as forklifts and canceling machines.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mail Handler Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking a hard-working, physically able mail handler assistant who has some experience processing mail, and who is willing to work six days a week, night shifts included. Mail handler assistants can expect to lift, carry and move parcels and packages weighing up to 70 lbs, and operate forklifts and other machinery. They will also be responsible for separating all mail received, operating canceling machines, assisting in the supply room, and keeping work areas clean and neat.
Successful mail handler assistants should have a good command of English and must be able to check names and numbers quickly and accurately. They must also be able to withstand the physical work, and remain drug-free throughout their employment.
Mail Handler Assistant Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Sorting and canceling mail using relevant machinery.
- Preparing large batches of mail for distribution.
- Distributing mail to various carriers.
- Operating copy machine and other office equipment.
- Keeping work areas clean and neat.
- Making occasional deliveries.
Mail Handler Assistant Requirements:
- Good health and physical fitness.
- Any relevant examinations.
- Availability to work night shifts and weekends.
- Must be drug-free.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources