Mail Clerks process and distribute mail throughout a company. Their primary responsibilities include sorting mail by department and category, forwarding misdirected mail and keeping an inventory of mailing supplies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mail Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates for the position of Mail Clerk. Mail Clerks are responsible for managing outgoing messages and packages, ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post and keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions, among other duties.
Mail Clerks will need to directly deliver mail to both departments and individuals, requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
Mail Clerk Responsibilities:
- Sorting mail by department and category.
- Utilizing sorting machines and similar administrative technology.
- Managing outgoing messages and packages.
- Ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post.
- Arranging for deliveries with delivery companies such as FedEx.
- Forwarding misdirected mail.
- Keeping an inventory of mailing supplies, such as envelopes and stamps.
- Signing off on certified mail.
- Keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions.
- Logging incoming mail in company systems.
- Delivering mail to both departments and individuals, ensuring the relevant parties sign off on them.
Mail Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous mailroom experience.
- Proficiency with sorting machines.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good dexterity.