Clerks perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties such as answering the telephone, typing documents, filing, and liaising with clients. They are also known as general office clerks, administrative assistants, receptionists and office assistants.
Clerk Job Description Template
We are seeking a friendly and competent clerk to run our front-of-house and complete a range of day-to-day administrative duties. You will be responsible for answering the telephone and taking messages, greeting clients, data capturing, filing, responding to queries from the public, mailing, and maintaining and updating our database.
The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with people and have excellent organization and time management skills. Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Welcome clients and offer them refreshments.
- Transcribe, record, fax and file documents.
- Maintain filing, database systems, and inventories.
- Operate office equipment such as photocopiers and fax machines.
- Communicate with clients and employees, and respond to any queries or complaints.
- Sort and forward incoming mail and emails, and prepare and send outgoing mail.
- Book and prepare meeting rooms and ensure that refreshments are made available.
- Book flights and accommodation as required.
- Coordinate activities and disseminate information to office staff.
- High School diploma with relevant experience.
- Certificate in Office Administration or Associate's Degree in Office Management may be required.
- Strong Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Personable demeanor.
- Ability to type 45 - 60 WPM (words per minute).