County Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a dependable, energetic County Clerk to assist in maintaining records of notary bonds, births, deaths, assumed names, gun licenses and co-partnerships, and other documents. The County Clerk keeps records of all governing body transactions, resolutions, and ordinances. The County Clerk issues licenses and permits and assists with the administration of elections. You will serve customers at the counter, and assist with telephone inquiries.
To be successful in this role, you should ensure documents and data are stored swiftly and accurately, and provide customers with efficient, friendly service at all times. Top candidates will be meticulous, fast-paced, and courteous.
County Clerk Responsibilities:
- Assisting with telephone inquiries.
- Serving customers at the counter.
- Scanning documents, and making and certifying photocopies.
- Typing correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Creating and maintaining files, and organizing and filing various documents.
- Capturing data on spreadsheets and in various computer programs.
- Running errands, such as collecting documents and transporting documents to other offices.
- Handling correspondence for the County Clerk's office.
- Receiving relevant fees and balancing a cash drawer.
- Performing election administration tasks, and capturing election data.
County Clerk Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One-year work experience as a municipal or County Clerk, or one-year general office experience.
- Proficient computer and typing skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Outlook, and Excel, and familiar with data entry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Completion of online application.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Bondable to handle money.