A Court Clerk is an administrative worker in the criminal and civil justice systems, providing support to judges, attorneys and other officers of the court. They manage all secretarial duties including maintaining court records, distributing orders of the court, and preparing meeting agendas.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Court Clerk Job Description:
We are searching for a professional Court Clerk to help maintain our offices by performing a range of administrative and clerical duties. You will manage a variety of day-to-day tasks including filing, data processing, faxing, and sorting incoming mail.
As a Court Clerk, you will ensure that all court processes run smoothly and effectively. The successful candidate will be skilled at multi-tasking and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Uphold all court files and records to ensure they stay up-to-date and accessible.
- Answer the phone to take messages and transfer calls to the applicable colleague.
- Record the minutes of meetings and court proceedings.
- Assist in all office management and administrative processes.
- Create calendars of cases to be called.
- Prepare and distribute court orders including probation orders, sentencing information, and court summonses.
- Collect court fines and maintain records of amounts collected.
- Ensure that all legal documents submitted adhere to the law and court procedures.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Administer oaths and affirmations.
- High school diploma or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good understanding of MS Office programs.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources