Mail Processing Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented mail processing clerk who has experience in shipping and receiving, has basic arithmetic skills, and a valid driver’s license. Mail processing clerks can expect to keep records and write reports, calculate carrier rates, prepare outgoing mail, and make regular trips to the post office. Their responsibilities include sorting, counting and weighing mail, distributing the mail according to established company processes and regulations, and stocking the mail room with necessary supplies.
Successful mail processing clerks should have excellent arithmetic and organizational skills, experience using word processing, database and spreadsheet software, and a willingness to be on their feet for most of the day.
Mail Processing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Sending and receiving mail.
- Distributing mail throughout the organization.
- Stocking the mail room.
- Weighing outgoing packages and calculating rates.
- Opening and reading mail when necessary.
- Keeping records.
- Writing reports.
- Checking postage details are correct.
- Sealing and stamping outgoing mail.
- Repairing damaged packages.
Mail Processing Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic Arithmetic Skills.
- Valid Driver's License.