Lorry drivers transport materials and goods between major distribution centres and businesses or retail outlets. They inspect and maintain their trucks, oversee the loading and offloading of goods, and report any damages or delays on the road.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Lorry Driver Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced lorry driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods to our customers. As well as driving trucks and delivering goods, you will also be required to oversee the loading and offloading of goods, cleaning and maintaining the truck, finding the best routes, and promoting our brand.
To ensure success, you should have a clean driving record, a recent CPC, and a minimum of 3 years' experience. A successful lorry driver is someone who's honesty and dependability results in increased brand awareness and reliable logistics.
Lorry Driver Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the loading and offloading of goods.
- Inspecting and cleaning the vehicle.
- Safely transporting goods to and from distribution centers.
- Obeying the rules of the road and following company safety regulations.
- Finding the quickest and safest route to your destination.
- Completing travel logs.
- Following accident procedures.
- Reporting any accidents or delays.
- Conducting minor roadside repairs on the truck.
- Maintaining a good relationship with customers.
Lorry Driver Requirements:
- LGV C+E certificate.
- Valid Certificate of Professional Confidence (CPC).
- 3+ years' experience as a lorry driver.
- Clean driving record.
- Must supply a medical certificate.
- Experience with goods handling preferred.
- Experience with GPS navigation and mapping.
- Ability to drive long distances while maintaining focus.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Good communication skills.
Read our article on how to find qualified lorry drivers.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources